Saturday, May 4, 2013

Fires in Maine - Donations Needed!

Help Needed!!



So I don't usually post items like this but this one hit close to the heart. A friend I was chatting with on Facebook mentioned how her neighborhood in Lewiston, ME has been affected by local fires. There was a huge fire on Monday leaving over 75 people homeless but another fire started yesterday which affected 3 more apartment homes. I am not asking anyone to donate money but I do know that as couponers we have a ton of extra items around which these people are truly in need of. The YMCA of of Central Maine is collecting donations. The list of items they are collecting is below. Please look it over and see if there is anything you could donate -the only thing it would cost would be shipping unless you are in Maine (the address can be found on the left side of the facebook page!). These people are in need and can use anything we can donate! I have already mailed in a care package with non-perishable foods and a ton of hygiene items. I could not imagine what it would be like to lose absolutely everything I own and can only imagine how devastating that would be. Please see a few photos below and contact me for more. You can also contact the YMCA of Central Maine for more information! 

 



*** These photos are actual photos of the fire. My friend took these photos herself and they are not photoshopped in any way.

Items which are needed: 

  • Non- Perishable Food Items
  • Personal Hygiene Items - q-tips, nail clippers, razors(new), feminine products, soap, deodorant, shampoo, baby shampoos, lotion etc
  • Towels & Wash Cloths

No comments:

Post a Comment