Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Discussion Time: What is your Budget??

Discussion time!!



I would love to host a discussion every Wednesday! I believe the advice of other couponers can be amazing in saving other money- If we can learn from one another, I believe we can save even more money!!

I wanted to talk about Budgets today!! I have a monthly Budget of about $100 dollars.. this includes all shopping done by my family (toiletries, household items and groceries). I am paying off student loans and every penny counts. Me and Carlos can  live off of my stockpile and I have to be very thankful for the items we have. If I did not coupon, I cannot imagine how life would be. We would constantly not have enough money to pay the bills and would probably be only eating Ramen noodles. I strive to cook a meal everyday (we know how that works out sometimes) and I always include some sort of fresh veggies (salad usually since I coupon for it). We are also weekly regulars at our local farmers market to pick up some amazing fruits for the week. It does get tough sometimes sticking to the budget so I sometimes roll over into the other months. See how my grocery budget works below!



I set a yearly budget of $1200 which is equivalent to about $100 dollars a month. I sometimes spend under $100 and sometimes I go over! I do not mind borrowing from the next month or using some cash which I have rolled over from the month before. This usually allows me to stay within the average $100/month budget. I stay very cautious of how much money I still have left for the year and how many months we have to go. I use my stockpile a lot and tend to stock up on items we use a lot (juices, salad, yogurt etc ) when they are free or very very inexpensive. Make sure to share what your budget it, how many people are in your household and how you manage you budget below!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment