Monday, September 17, 2012

My Side of Extreme Couponing!!

Real Aspect of Extreme Couponing!



Please realize these are just my opinions on the following topic. If you feel differently that's just fine; I formed these opinions from personal experience. I watch TLCs Extreme Couponing just like I watch the Jersey Shore, with lots of questions and concern. New couponers please realize that it is a reality tv show as many others and not everything is true! The stores on the show change their coupon policy and there are MANY fraudulent coupons which are used consistently on the show (which is illegal and can land you in jail!). It's not how couponing really looks or why most people do it. I, first hand, can say that it does become some sort of addiction as paying nearly nothing for hundreds of dollars of groceries is purely amazing but it must become a way of life. Couponing has the power to change your life and those around you. I donate items to the shelters and animal shelters on a consistent basis as I get them for free and might not be able to use them! I grab freebies/samples or MM deals and donate the items if I can. This will help you keep a fresh stockpile and allow you to help the lives of others! Since I started couponing and got involved in the couponing  community I have met some AMAZING women and am proud to call them my friends. The stories I have learned are great and I hope that one day I can share them with you all. There are women who have paid off their mortgages years early due to couponing or ones who can sign their children up for sports and other activities with the money left over from the grocery budget! This to me is what couponing is all about. It's about allowing you to live life to the fullest without having to worry about bills on an everyday basis! I love that couponing can save you money on just about everything, from vacations to groceries to gifts  and clothes. We just went to Monkey Jungle and got 2 children and 2 adult entrances for FREE due to a coupon from Scott's Family Reward deal (the coupons were free!!). This deal saved us over $107 and allowed us to visit a park which otherwise I would not be able to afford! Couponing can of course get you lots of FREE goodies but it will allow you to save money which you otherwise would have spent on necessities! Usually it's a good guess to figure that you can save over 50% on your regular groceries but sometimes great deals do come along and this is one of my best hauls!

Spent out of pocket: $3.47
Amount Saved: $395.66
Received $40 in gas cards as well!!


4 comments:

  1. Leave a comment and let me know how you feel about this; I'd love to get some feedback. Remember to be respectful ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Ideas. Love coming to read what u have to say everyday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PREACH! help save the world agata. i got your back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is great. I work at a grocery too. I always thank customers who use coupons.

    ReplyDelete