Friday, September 13, 2013

The most amazing cashier ever!!

My Amazing Shopping Trip at Publix!!!




Today I got to experience the best shopping trip to date. I felt so exhausted after a long week of working (sometimes until 9:30 at night) but couldn't wait to get back from Publix to blog about this! We have had nothing in our house for about 3 weeks and I have been running the stockpile low since I haven't been to the store in almost a month. Today, I finally sat down and gathered all my coupons for Publix since I knew the flyer sale was ending tonight. After about 2.5 hours of me matching the coupons, printing/ cutting them all out and organizing them into a nice stack... I set out for Publix. This is something I have come to dread since the cashiers there can be somewhat rude. (I have experience being insuted in another language and have heard lots of talking under the breath from cashiers when they thought I wasn't listening or couldn't understand them). 

I spent about 45 minutes shopping at the store and got over $222 worth of groceries. When I came up to an open belt, I had no idea that the cashier was going to completely make my night. Matthew, a cashier I got for the first time, was by far the most amazing cashier I have ever gotten while couponing ( I have been doing this for about 20 months now). He was so kind and very patient. I did have my coupons organized but as you all know, the checkout process can be quite long. We talked about my BBQ I have planned for Sunday and he even told me not to worry about other customers getting agitated. I felt very at calm when checking out- something I never am during checkout!!! At one point, a female manager came up and she didn't have the nicest attitude towards me or my coupons. I was scared that Matthew was now going to change his composure with his manager standing right there talking under her breath but he never skipped a beat!!! He did an amazing job and I could not have asked for a better outcome.

I am about to email Publix headquarters and let them know they have an AMAZING employee working for them (at the Publix in Dadeland, Miami) and I hope to see him when I go again. After reading my email, I hope he gets the recognition he deserves for being an All Star. Matthew, I hope you get to read this. I want to say thank you for making my night and making checking out with coupons actually enjoyable rather than a complete nightmare.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!



P.S. I saved over $164 dollars this trip and only paid $58.62 for all the items I have in the photo above. This will be great to stock up my pantry and feed everyone at the BBQ.  Find the breakdown of what I bought below!!

What I purchased: 4 Hormel Chicken cans, 2 Old En Paso Tortillas, 2 Old El Paso Refried Beans, 2 Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce, 4 Ristorante pizzas, 1 12 pack Cottenelle, 6 Ore-Ide Potato items, 2 Smuckers Uncrustables, 4 Armour Meatballs, 4 Breakstone Cottage Cheese & Fruit Cups, 2 Lean Cuisine Items, 12 Pillsbury Crescent & Biscuit packs, 3 32 oz Heinz Ketchup, 4 Doritos, 10 Idahoan Instant Potato, 2 3- pack Brita Replacement Filters 


** Comment below with your amazing (or terrible) cashier stories!!**

No comments:

Post a Comment